This post holder will work closely with our program operations team to provide competent administrative, secretarial and project support to ensure the smooth management of day to day affairs, clear communications and the most effective use of office time and resources.
- Serve at the program-wide central point of contact. Handle calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them appropriately. Draft and/or process correspondence and ensure clear communications both internally and externally.
- Perform keen diary management, organize and undertake the necessary preparation for meetings i.e. prepare background material, take minutes and capture action points, and ensure proper briefing for all meetings.
- Implement and maintain efficient office systems, including data management and filing system to provide structure and an effective reference resource at all times.
- Offer executive support including preparing and producing documents, briefings, correspondence, drafting reports, letters, articles and presentations where appropriate.
- Deliver exemplary customer service, meet and greet clients/visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Undertake any other duties of appropriate level and nature as may reasonably be required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts at all levels.
- Demonstrates high level computer literacy skills with excellent working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and broad understanding of office protocols in a corporate business work environment. Polite, professional, customer-oriented with excellent office manners and superior phone etiquette.
- Reliable, strictly punctual time keeper with effective organizational and administrative skills, a thorough approach to work and the willingness to work (occasionally) evenings, weekends and holidays when required.
- Sensitive and flexible approach to working with people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Handles sensitive issues in a professional and objective manner and maintains strict confidentiality throughout.
- Demonstrates desire to share expertise, knowledge and skills with other team members. Respects the unique contribution of every individual and works positively in a diverse environment.
- Excellent typing skills with the ability to draft own correspondence fluently. Keen attention to detail. Accurate typing and punctuation.
Please note, a probationary period of 3 months, with the option of extending by a maximum of two months, will apply. The position will be based in Nakuru Town.
To apply please email your résumé and application letter to INFO@INSPIRE.OR.KE using the subject line: Executive Program Assistant. We prefer applications to be submitted as follows: your cover letter and CV in a single PDF file, using your name as the file name.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 9 March 2018.